DWDM / ROADM
Cornerstone of Your Infrastructure
Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing technology is the cornerstone for any network infrastructure. Initial deployments of DWDM systems were in national and international networks. The technology presents large increase in bandwidth without installing additional dark fiber. Those same drivers are relevant today in regional, metro networks and campus environments.
The key features and benefits of DWDM are:
- Transparency – DWDM is a physical layer architecture. It can be protocol agnostic and supports TDM and other Data formats. (ATM, Gigabit Ethernet, Fiber channel and SONET)
- Scalability – Leverage dark fiber to expand up to 128 channels over single pair of fiber.
- Network Resiliency – Create path or channel resiliency with east and west facing networks.
- Segmentation – Architect your network based on application and function.
- Dynamic provisioning – Simply, quickly and dynamically provision network connections in minutes.
Reconfigurable Optical Add/Drop Multiplexers (ROADMs) technology allows operators to dynamically and remotely configure channels on an as needed basis. Prior to ROADMs, operators designed DWDM systems using fixed filters. Although fixed filters are still widely deployed in applications that are static, ROADMs are the desired technology for larger more rapidly and dynamic networks.
The key benefits of using ROADMs are:
- CLI based wavelength selection. No longer need to physically connect optics. Drop any channels at any site quickly and easily.
- Automatic power monitoring and balancing. Eliminate the need for manual tuning.
- Auto-power balancing
Contact us at 646-783-4550 to discuss your project. Or complete the form and we’ll get in touch as soon as possible.
Techgardens is a leading systems integrator founded in 2009 with headquarters in New York City. We specialize in IT consulting, cyber security, network infrastructure, enterprise storage, and cloud computing solutions. Techgardens selects the best technology to appropriately match IT solutions that provide efficiency and return on investment. Our team of engineers design and build customized IT solutions that meet the unique needs of our customers; exceeding their expectations. Our technical team has over 50 years of combined experience working in the financial, healthcare, education, government, legal, manufacturing, media, energy and retail verticals. We are staffed with CISSPs, Network Engineers and Systems Administrators with offices in New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. We serve customers and industries throughout the US.