Looking for an MRV Media Cross Connect Alternative?
Lepton System’s ColdFusion L1 Switch is the Perfect Solution
Have you been affected by the end of life announcement of the Media Cross Connect (MCC) from Adva (formerly MRV)? Lepton Systems’ ColdFusion L1 switch is the perfect solution for migrating your MCC-equipped lab. ColdFusion can pick up where you left off with your MRV deployment and work in 100% collaboration with your existing MCC switches. This lets you continue to maximize your existing investment yet plan, and future-proof your next generation requirements.
Unlike many L1 switches, ColdFusion is not a re-purposed Layer 2 ethernet switch or other network element, it was conceived and designed to operate as an automation tool for the test lab’s infrastructure. We improved upon the most popular features, and the architecture supports a future-safe roadmap and economical deployment.
ColdFusion has all the features you love about the MCC
● RJ45 Ethernet support – to 10G
● Protocol agnostic, zero insertion loss, and latency of <50ns
● Media conversion to allow mapping between equipment with differing media types
● Programmable link flapping to simulate cable cuts or port fail-overs
● Multicast mapping and port mirroring to share test tools and provide simultaneous testing
● Supported by Spirent Velocity, Quali Systems and Toka Labs
ColdFusion provides greater scalability of port density and data rates
● Up to 512/1024 ports in 12 rack units (depending on interface blade)
● Data rate support from 10 Mbps to 128G
● Supports any MSA compliant SFP or QSFP28/SFP28
● Supports Python and RESTful API, CLI, GUI and 3rd party Operating systems
Additionally, the Lepton team spent many years as key players in MCC development and sales at MRV, and can make your migration from the MCC easy. We understand your applications, know your product, and can guide you through the transition.
Listed are some of the MRV products that are end of life and we have comparable replacement products for:
Techgardens is a leading systems integrator founded in 2009 with headquarters in New York City. We specialize in IT consulting, cyber security, network infrastructure, enterprise storage, and cloud computing solutions. Techgardens selects the best technology to appropriately match IT solutions that provide efficiency and return on investment. Our team of engineers design and build customized IT solutions that meet the unique needs of our customers; exceeding their expectations.
Our technical team has over 50 years of combined experience working in the financial, healthcare, education, government, legal, manufacturing, media, energy and retail verticals. We are staffed with CISSPs, Network Engineers and Systems Administrators with offices in New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Illinois and North Carolina. We serve customers and industries throughout the US.